Concluding our three-part blog series Colorado Divorce FAQs, below are some more answers regarding what to expect when you are ready to move forward with a Colorado divorce case.

Q – Can I request spousal support in my Colorado divorce?

When you are ready to get answers about your Colorado divorce case, Centennial Divorce Attorney Bruce H. Rabun is ready to meet with you. Contact us today.

When you are ready to get answers about your Colorado divorce case, Centennial Divorce Attorney Bruce H. Rabun is ready to meet with you. Contact us today.

A – Of course! But, this doesn’t necessarily mean that you will be awarded spousal support (which may also be referred to as maintenance or alimony). In fact, if your Colorado divorce is contested and it’s up to the courts to rule on this issue, then the courts will use a very specific formula to:

  1. Determine your eligibility for spousal support.
  2. Figure out the amount of these payments if it’s been determined that you are, in fact, eligible for them.
  3. Rule on how long you will be entitled to receive these payments.

There are a lot of factors that the courts consider when they making decisions about spousal support in a Colorado divorce case, so it’s best to consult an attorney to see where you stand and what your best options are.

Q – Are marital settlements final once they are issued in a Colorado divorce?

A – Generally yes; however, it’s also possible to file appeals to these marital settlements in some cases. In fact, here’s what you should know about marital settlements and the possibility of appealing them:

  • If you do want to file an appeal to a final divorce decree, you will usually have between 30 and 45 days from the date of the final decree to do this.
  • You can’t file these appeals simply because you don’t like the terms of the marital settlement.
  • Instead, you must have grounds for filing an appeal. For instance, you must be able to demonstrate that the judge in your case made mistakes, obviously favored one side or abused his power. Alternatively, you must be able to prove that some type of fraud was involved in the Colorado divorce case.
  • Appealing marital settlements can be expensive, complicated and time consuming, so it’s best to consult an attorney to find out if this is a good option in your Colorado divorce case.

Q – What do I need to do to get my Colorado divorce case started?

A – Simply contact us. Although you can try to resolve your Colorado divorce case on  your own, by working with our trusted and experienced Centennial divorce lawyer, you can be confident that:

  • Your rights and interests will be asserted throughout the case.
  • You will have optimal chances of obtaining the best possible outcomes to your case so you can focus on your future.

Centennial Divorce Lawyer at the Law Office of Bruce H. Rabun, LLC

When you are you considering divorce, you can trust Centennial Divorce Attorney Bruce H. Rabun to provide you with:

  • Caring, aggressive representation
  • Personalized, responsive representation
  • The highest quality legal services.

When you trust your case to Centennial Divorce Lawyer Bruce H. Rabun, you can be confident that he will work diligently and relentlessly to fight for your rights and help you successfully resolve your family law issues while preserving what is most important to you.

Let’s Meet to Discuss Your Case – Contact Us

To find out more about how Bruce Rabun can help you, schedule an initial consult with him by calling (303) 221-7899 or by emailing our firm using the contact form on this page. From our office in Centennial, we represent people throughout the Denver metro areas, Arapahoe County, Douglas County and Jefferson County.

Categories: Blog, Divorce, Family Law